1. If you’re still checking their Twitter TL, Facebook or Instagram, you’re not over them.
2. Letting yourself be vulnerable with someone is incredibly frightening.
And most times, completely worth it.
3. If someone treats you badly and you let them, you’re the abuser.
4. I am learning that shallowness, like depth and intensity has its own place and there is no good reason to be entirely dismissive of it.
5. Despite all you’ve heard, anger is the way of the weak and has no good outcome. Anger is a reaction. Not a response.
6. Boundaries are essential, non-negotiable, and will sometimes be the fine line between your sanity and self-destruction.
7. Nothing will kill your soul quicker and more brutally than loneliness.
Save yourself while you can.
8. People can try to change. That’s the best they can do and the best you may get out of them.
Be happy. It means you were worth the effort.
9. It helps to talk about your problems up until a point.
After that, shut up and work your shit out.
10. When elders speak, listen.
11. People are going through so much more than you will ever know or could imagine.
Please be kind.
12. Humour is as essential to love as courage.
13. Bad times often comprise several little tidal waves. When the tide is high, distract yourself.
It passes. I promise you. It will get better.
14. I think those who are willing to get their heart broken are some of the bravest people I know.
15. You don’t need to believe in a god to pray.
16. We all want to be seen as smooth, sexy, clever, informed, witty, etc.
But I still don’t know one person who wants to be seen as themselves.
17. In retrospect, all the times I’d been bursting with things to say are the very moments I should kept my mouth firmly shut.
18. People say, “I’m such a loser. A fuck-up.”
And I think: “at least you know where you are and that means you know where you need to be.”
19. Learn how to be at peace with yourself and on your own, and I’m willing to bet you’ve learned the most integral life skill of all.
20. No matter how it comes and goes taking pieces of you, I still stand by love and say it is the only chance we’ve got to be better than we are.
5 Comments Add yours
Reblogged this on Anecdotes of a Jester.
Going to pretend that I absolutely did not just relate to every single point because denial is a good place to live in. (Or had been, lately.)
Reblogged this on Rants..
All truth, especially the last part!