- Mamihlapinatapai (Yagan, from Tierra del Fuego): Two people looking at each other each hoping the other will do what both desire but neither is willing to do. –> This could also refer to who farts first in a new relationship.
- Farpotshket: Yiddish, for something that is all fouled up, especially as the result of attempts to fix it–repeatedly making something worse while trying to fix it. –> also known as the Indian government at work.
- Dona (Yamana, Chile): To take lice from a person’s head and squash them between one’s teeth. –> also known as things I really don’t need to know.
- Prozvonit (Czech): To call someone but only let it ring once so that the other person will call you back… –> also known as cheapskate.
- Fucha (Polish): To use a company’s time and resources for your own personal endeavors… –> also known as employee of Indian origin
- Mokita (New Guinea): A word for something that everyone knows but no one ever talks about… —> also known as your very obviously gay son/ daughter
- Pohmelyatsya (Russian): Taking a shot in the morning to help make your hangover go away… –> also known as ALCOHOLISM. Wake up and smell the vodka, already.
- Utepils (Norwegian): To sit outside on a sunny day enjoying a beer… –> also known as gainfully unemployed
- Schadenfreude (German): The feeling of pleasure derived by seeing another’s misfortune. –> also known as reality television.
- Tingo (Pascuense; Easter Island): the act of taking objects one desires from the house of a friend by gradually borrowing all of them. –>for NRIs, this refers to Indian neighbours, Indian friends, and Indian relatives
- Koro (Chinese): The belief that one’s penis is shrinking and will eventually disappear. –> also known as, words men really rather not know exist
- Pilkunnussija (Finnish) Literally translated to ‘comma fucker’; a pedant. A person who corrects little or meaningless things. –> also known as @mentalexotica
2 Comments Add yours