1. I said, “I love you always.”
You smiled and quietly said, I know.
2. I’m going to ask so much of you, but it’s not for me.
Because you can.
3. You are my water and I have come to drink.
To fill, to break, and be
I have come to be broken open
To be broken open is to flow-
Break open and break me.
4. You are my water and I your bay,
Your tide calling your ocean floor.
Takes my hand and walk intoâ¦
5. “We are going under,” you said that once-
But I will surface and bring you air
until you learn to breathe.
On your own
Your eyes and look
(We’re under water now)
See me seeing you
Like the first time,